AM/NS Calvert supplier portal
AM/NS Calvert is a 50/50 joint venture between ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corp. (NSSMC). The facility takes an active role in managing supply chain relations.
Supply chain management
AM/NS Calvert takes an active role in managing our participation in the supply chain. We believe that by incorporating social, ethical and environmental considerations into our sourcing decisions, we are making a positive contribution to society and the planet, helping make steel more sustainable. That is why ArcelorMittal Group created a code for responsible sourcing in 2010 and we have worked to implement its principles into the standard purchasing form used with our suppliers.
The AM/NS Calvert procurement team adheres to all global sourcing rules and regulations required by ArcelorMittal Group supply chain practices. This includes adherence to our human rights and anti-corruption policies. Additional focus is concentrated on complying with U.S. Customs and Border Protection's Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) regulations in dealing with foreign vendors to safeguard trade from terrorists and to maintain the economic health of the U.S. We will continue to thoroughly vet new suppliers and strengthen our current supplier relationships.
Our primary goal is to produce, provide and continuously improve products that meet customers’ expectations for quality, delivery, cost and technology. As a result, we select only those suppliers who share our commitment to quality and can meet or exceed our requirements to provide superior quality products and services.
We continue to accelerate our efforts in identifying opportunities in our supply chain where it is possible to enable qualified and certified Minority/Women Business Enterprises (MWBEs) to participate in our procurement process. This approach creates a more diverse supplier base, which fosters increased competition and heightens performance.
Learn about the benefits and criteria to become a certified women’s or minority enterprise in our supplier diversity program.
Supplier portals (under development)
For technical assistance using AM/NS Calvert LLC’s supplier portal or applications listed above, please contact AM/NS Technical Support at +1 251 289 4441 or email support at AMNS_SupplierTechSupport@arcelormittal.com
All potential suppliers for AM/NS Calvert must provide the following information:
A badge is required for all onsite deliveries, pick-ups and onsite work.
Review additional requirements for contractors performing work onsite.
All contractors performing any work on the AM/NS Calvert site must be pre-approved by purchasing and health and safety departments to perform the work. Prerequisites for contractor qualification include:
- ISNetworld pre-qualification
- Online contractor orientation
- Standard 10 panel drug screen
- Alcohol screen
- Alabama general contractor license
- Valid AM/NS Calvert contractor badge
Download detailed contractor qualification requirements.
Site access requirements
All vendors and contractors entering AM/NS Calvert’s production site must be pre-approved by the health and safety department and must have a valid badge.
**Badges are only issued Monday – Friday from 5 AM to 5 PM.**
Temporary badge requirements:
Temporary badges are valid for one (1) delivery only. Temporary badges may be issued to a vendor/carrier making deliveries or needing one-time access to the site. These badges should be returned to the main gate when the vendor/carrier exits the mill.
• Schedule a Ti-Slot by calling +1 877 315 7703
• One government issued photo ID
Vendor badge requirements:
Vendor badges are valid for a term of one (1) year. Vendor badges may be issued to companies making routine deliveries onsite or to companies that own equipment/provide services onsite in which:
- Their equipment can be inspected, serviced, or operated without affected or being affected by the manufacturing process;
- Their services to not involve construction, demolition, or modification of mill facilities, or equipment; or
- Their services would not expose vendors or employees to significant hazardous conditions;
- Performance of their services do not require additional PPE above what is standard for the specific site work area
- DO NOT require additional safety controls to perform work (i.e., energy control).
To qualify for a vendor badge, the vendor must provide proof that the following prerequisites have been met:
- Copy of AM/NS Calvert Abbottsfield Vendor Orientation Certificate
- Copy of proof of a negative 10 panel drug screen and negative alcohol ccreen conducted within 30 days of the estimated start data at the site
- One government issued photo ID
View detailed AM/NS Calvert vendor site access requirements.
Contractor badge requirements:
Contractor badges are valid for a term of one (1) year. To qualify for a contractor badge, the contractor must provide proof that the following prerequisites have been met:
- Prequalification by ISNetworld
- Copy of AM/NS Calvert Abbottsfield Contractor Orientation Certificate
- Copy of proof of a negative 10 panel drug screen and negative alcohol screen conducted within 30 days
- One government issued photo ID
View detailed AM/NS Calvert contractor site access requirements.
Vehicle site access requirements
Vendors and contractors required to drive onsite must meet the following requirements:
- Complete the vehicle site access pass form and obtain the necessary AM/NS Calvert approval. Vendors and contractors must coordinate with their AM/NS vendor/contractor coordinator to ensure appropriate approval of the vehicle site access form.
- Provide proof of auto insurance;
- Provide proof of current automobile registration.
Site safety rules and vendor PPE requirements
All vendors and carriers must adhere to the following site safety rules and PPE requirements
Site safety rules / PPE requirements
Required safety equipment must be visible at all times including at time of check in and worn at all times while on the grounds of this facility:
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Hard hat
- Reflective vest and/or high visibility long sleeve shirt (must have both if long sleeve shirt is not high visibility)
- Long pants
- Closed toed hard soled shoes (no “tennis” style)
- Gloves (optional)
- Hearing protection (optional) unless required by warehouse
- Valid driver’s license with CDL
View vendor required PPE elements chart
The site wide safety rules must be obeyed at all times:
- The following are strictly prohibited: firearms, any form of weapon, alcohol, illegal substances, any animals or pets unless needed for a handicap with proper documentation.
- No passengers are allowed nor anyone under the age of 18 anywhere onsite. The only exception is pre-authorized team drivers.
- Strictly abide by all site posted speed limits.
- All drivers must maintain a safe distance behind the truck in designated standing zones while crane is loading a coil.
- Before entering any exit store or loading zone sound horn to alert pedestrians.
- Smoking is only allowed in designated smoking areas.
- No overnight parking onsite unless authorized and no parking/pulling off on road shoulder.
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for ArcelorMittal companies in the United States are applicable to AM/NS Calvert LLC when used in conjunction with the following supplemental terms and conditions for contracts with AM/NS Calvert LLC and the related AM/NS Calvert SH&E documents.
Other terms and conditions specific to AM/NS Calvert may apply.
Terms and conditions for ArcelorMittal companies
Unless otherwise specified on the face of the order, all goods shall be sold FOB buyer’s plant or warehouse (freight allowed) per the Uniform Commercial Code Sec. 2-319, equivalent to INCOTERMS DDP buyer's plant or warehouse (in accordance with the ICC’s most recent edition) unloaded at the final location indicated by the buyer (the “delivery”). If no more specific place of delivery is specified, delivery can be made only at the discharging bay or such other place where buyer usually takes delivery.
For shipments in which freight charges are the seller's responsibility:
Seller is responsible for all delivery-related charges such as notification or appointment charges, re-delivery charges, declared value (insurance), and the like.
For shipments in which freight charges are paid by the buyer:
Small package shipments (<150 lbs) originating in the U.S. should be shipped FedEx Ground Collect. See collect shipment routing guide for specific instructions. Small package shipments (<150 lbs) originating outside the U.S. should be shipped FedEx Bill Recipient. Contact the appropriate buyer for account number).
For all other shipments (LTL/TL) within the U.S. contact Helix at +1 888 588 3898 or submit the Helix order form to email@example.com.
All air/express shipments must be approved in advance by AM/NS Calvert purchasing on the face of the purchase order.
Delivery or pick up instructions
Unless otherwise noted on the order, all goods must be shipped to or picked up from either the production site at: 1 AM/NS Way, Calvert, Alabama 36513 or the central warehouse at 6450 Trippel Road, Mobile, Alabama 36582 as defined on the order.
Deliveries to production site – Calvert, Alabama
Routine deliveries are accepted Monday – Friday between 7 AM – 4 PM. Deliveries outside of normal receiving hours or deliveries requiring special equipment/ arrangements to unload require a T-Slot to be scheduled in advance. To schedule a T-slot for delivery to or pick up from the production site in Calvert, Alabama please call +1 251 289 3935.
Deliveries to central warehouse – Mobile, Alabama
Deliveries are accepted 24/7 at the central warehouse in Mobile, Alabama. Goods shipped to or picked up from the central warehouse require a T-slot to be assigned prior to arrival. This procedure is necessary as carriers will likely face delays due to heavy traffic.
To schedule a T-slot for delivery to the central warehouse in Mobile, Alabama please call +1 877 315 7703. Please consider that a delivery has to be announced at least four hours prior to delivery.
Delivery information required
The following information is to be provided on packing slips and all other documents from seller regarding the order: buyer's purchase order number, buyer's purchase order line item number and buyer's material number, if applicable.
Prior to or along with the shipment of goods, seller shall provide the requisite shipping documents including all corresponding safety data sheets (SDSs) as required by the HazCom 2012 standard and certificates of analysis of the product(s) being ordered via the purchase order. These documents are mandatory for every delivery and required whether hazardous or non-hazardous material(s) is being purchased.
Additional packaging requirements
When defined on the purchase order, the following additional packaging requirements may apply.
For all international shipments excluding DDP shipments (Incoterms 2010), seller must contact Page & Jones by phone at +1 800 940 1646 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to loading at origin (factory, warehouse, etc.) and provide all information requested by Page & Jones. Seller must comply with U.S. Customs Importer Security Filing (ISF) requirements and agrees to hold AM/NS Calvert LLC harmless from or reimburse AM/NS Calvert LLC for any U.S. Customs fines, penalties, direct damages and/or costs of seizure arising from seller’s failure to timely provide accurate ISF information.
AM/NS Calvert will only make payments to a supplier where there is an authentic invoice provided which complies with minimum standards and requirements. If an invoice is received which does not comply with these minimum standards and lacks key information listed below, payment will not be made.
- Vendor name
- Invoice number
- Invoice date
- Purchase order number/item number
- Payment due date
- Payment terms and discounts
- Description of goods/services delivered (per the purchase order) including AM/NS Calvert material number if applicable
- Quantity delivered by line item (per the purchase order)
- Cost per item and extended cost (should agree to the purchase order costs)
- Freight charges if applicable and specified (per the purchase order)
- Total amount due (should not exceed the purchase order amount)
AM/NS Calvert LLC has been issued a State of Alabama Direct Pay Permit (Permit No. SDP-R008889624). As such, AM/NS Calvert shall be responsible for remitting any applicable State of Alabama or Mobile County Sales & Use Tax.
Please submit invoices electronically to email@example.com or mail hard copy invoices to:
AM/NS Calvert LLC
Attn: Accounts Payable
1 AM/NS Way
P.O. Box 456
Calvert, AL 36513
Remit changes will only be processed when submitted using your company letterhead. Please forward all remit changes with supporting documents, including a voided check and/or bank letter, and signed EFT agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.