In 2015, ArcelorMittal received several awards recognizing the company's commitment to sustainability and community. This list is a representation of the many awards that we were proud to receive.
- Received the Outstanding Corporation award from the Association of Fundraising Professionals - Indiana Chapter for ArcelorMittal's corporate philanthropy.
- Selected by Nissan as a 2015 Regional Supplier: Bulk/Raw Material.
- Selected for a Gold MarCom Award for the ArcelorMittal USA 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report
- Presented with the Award for Steel Excellence: Best Innovation - Process from American Metal Market, recognizing ArcelorMittal's innovation of the position control and flexible cooling of high turbulence roll cooling (HTRC)
- Selected for a Platinum Hermes Award for the ArcelorMittal USA 2014 Corporate Responsibility Report
- Selected as a Supplier of the Year by GM in recognition of suppliers who have undertaken extraordinary initiatives that have driven outstanding results for GM's business, while demonstrating values important to GM and an exceptional commitment to their community.
- Received a number one supplier rating from Ford, achieving the best performance ever achieved by a Ford supplier.
- ArcelorMittal Group won the World Steel Association's Steelie Award in Sustainability for the company's development of the 10 sustainable outcomes.
- Recognized by Shirley Heinze Land Trust for outstanding contributions to the organization and the region at the trust's fourth annual Bringing Nature Home awards.
- ArcelorMittal USA's flat products entity was recognized with a Performance Excellence Award for "Innovation in leadership, management and HR" for developing and implementing enhanced process dynamics allowing reduced time-to-market.
- Recognized with the Community Impact Award from neighborhood center University Settlement which operates near the Cleveland plant.
- Selected as Corporate Citizen of the Year by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Cleveland. The award acknowledges ArcelorMittal's longtime partnership with the Boys & Girls Clubs.
ArcelorMittal Indiana Harbor:
- Achieved the ArcelorMittal World Class Manufacturing Bronze Award for reducing overspending and improving critical equipment reliability at Indiana Harbor's 3CAL and 5GCL.
- Presented an Industrial Award from Partners for Clean Air (PCA) in recognition of the 504 boiler project which involved the installation of a new boiler that is equipped with the most current generation of low NOx burners for excellent environmental performance among other benefits.
- Achieved the ArcelorMittal World Class Manufacturing Bronze Award for achieving its targeted results for the BOF and caster areas in just 16 months.
- Received Richland County's 2015 Business Excellence Award. Shelby was nominated based on criteria including employment growth, capital investment, product development, process innovation and civic involvement.